Support & FAQ’s
Can I Manage My VoIP Service
One of the main benefits of the ActiveNet VoIP service is you have access to it so long as you have an Internet Service. We have a friendly online portal that allows you to manage your phone book, call flows etc…. You can find an interactive user guide by clicking here.
Need further assistance? You can always contact our office on 1300 228 638, 8:30am to 8:30pm Monday to Friday and 9:30 am to 6:30pm Saturday and Sunday excluding all major public holidays and one of our friendly staff will be available to help you out.
How do I configure Voip on my Netcomm provided Modem Router
The Netcomm NFv4 provided by Activenet is specifically tested for our service. The modem will come preconfigured for your service however if you do sign up for an Activenet Voice service after your data service is configured it is very simple to configure the modem.
Contact our office on 1300 228 638 Mon – Fri 8am – 9pm or Saturday and Sunday 9am – 7pm and select Technical support. One of our friendly staff will work with you to get the service configured, please have your modem IP Address available, this is located on the bottom of the modem.
You can configure your new voice service yourself by following the below steps,
Before starting please ensure to have your Modems IP Address (Located at the bottom of the modem) Voip User Name and Password provided to you at the time of your service activation.
1. Log onto your modem by entering the IP Address at the bottom of the modem into your web browser. (Hint: Please make sure your Modem is connected to the internet)
You will be presented with a login screen, please enter your login details;
You will now be on the home screen of your modem.
2. Press the Voice option on the left hand menu and select SIP Basic Setting
3. Please ensure all options are populated as follows,
- Bound Interface Name: Any_WAN
- Country: AUS – Australia
- sip local port (1-65535): 5060
- Sip domain name*: Please leave blank
- Use SIP Proxy for SIP Account 1 – please click on the box
SIP Proxy: Enter the SIP server for your location, this will be located in your username after the @ sign I.E. sip0x.whisp.net.au
SIP Proxy port: 5060
- Use Sip Outbound Proxy for SIP Account 1 – Leave this blank
- Use SIP Register for SIP Account 1 – Please click on the box
SIP Registrar: Enter the SIP server for your location, this will be located in your username after the @ sign I.E. sip0x.whisp.net.au (HINT: Must match the value entered in the SIP Proxy field)
SIP Registrar port: 5060
- Use SIP Proxy for SIP Account 2 – Leave Blank unless you have a second Voip Service, details will be the same as SIP 1 service configuration above.
- Use SIP Outbound Proxy for SIP Account 2
- Use SIP Register for SIP Account 2
SIP Account data Box
- Tick the Account Enabled box for 1 or 1 and 2 if you have 2 services. (HINT: ensure your phone is plugged into the corresponding voice port (grey) on the back of your modem)
- Polarity Reverse Enable – Leave blank
- Authentication name: enter your phone number with the 0 removed and replaced with a 61. I.E. 61212347859
- Password: Enter provided Password
- Cid Name: Leave blank
- Cid Number: Enter your full National Number with the 0 I.E. 0212347859
- Please do not update the codec priority box leave this as it is configured
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Apply button
Once above steps are completed please click the VoIP Status button on the left hand menu. In the Port Status box you should now have;
- Registration Status of Up
- Hook Status of On Hook
- Call Status of Idle
Please ensure you have a phone plugged in.
If you are still having issues with the connection please contact our office on 1300 228 638 Mon – Fri 8am – 9pm or Saturday and Sunday 9am – 7pm and select Technical support. One of our friendly staff will work with you to get the service configured.
What is my SIP Server for my VoIP Service
Activenet have 3 sip servers that are based on your location;
- NSW:- sip01.whisp.net.au
- VIC/SA/TAS/NT:- sip02.whisp.net.au
- QLD/WA:- sip03.whisp.net.au
How does the 120 Min International Talk time work?
The International Talk time allows you to talk to the 30 preselected countries for 120 mins in total each month. Your service credits do not carry over from month to month.
If you have multiple lines the 120 mins free talk time applies to each individual line. You cannot share service credits between your services. Below is an example of how billing would work for a customer with 2 phone lines,
- Line 1 makes 150 Mins of International calls, all calls are to countries on the approved list.
- Line 2 makes 90 Mins of International Calls, all calls are to countries on the approved list.
In the above scenario the service would be billed as follows,
- Line 1 would get the first 120 Mins free and be charged the per min rate for the additional 30 mins.
- Line 2 would get the full 90 mins free
The above example demonstrates the way your services are managed by us. Each service is managed individually and charged individually.